Me and my phone

My first phone was an Ericsson. The GH688. It was a good phone but as with phone of that time the battery life is short. Very short. After a 1/2 hour chat you have to charge it already.

My 2nd phone was a T28. The first flip phone by Ericsson. It was cool the way the mouth piece flip out at the touch of a button. However it went the way of the DODO as somehow the power chip on the phone is screwed. Even if you did not use the phone, the battery would be very very hot. Burning type hot. So it was traded in.

My 3rd phone was also my 1st Nokia. The cool red color 8310. I like the white coloured LED backlight. It was bright enough to light up the area and help guide me in the dark cinema. This phone also have a great significant. It is the 1st phone that I drop and lost. Bye bye.

Subequently, most of the phone that I purchase was Nokia. The 4th was also a Nokia. It is the 6510. It has very similar features as the 8310. I think the firm ware is the same except that the back light is blue. It is still around but I don't hold it anymore. At that point in time, I was already married. My wife hold a Nokia 3210. The brick. One of the heaviest model ever made by nokia. It was already 2-3 year old and the battery is gone. So every other day when I made a call to my her, I would get cut off mid way or I cannot get her at all. I only hold that 6510 for 2 months.

My first reservist call up came not too long after I bought the 6510. Not wanting to damage it, I got a 2nd hand 8210 from a friend of mine. So I told her to use my 6510 for the time being while I bring the 8210 to "Cheong Xhua". We develop a relationship and it was one of the best phone I used. Hardy, reliable and very tough. After reservist............ I never got the chance to get back the 6510. Anyway all the phone book swapping is a hassle.

So before the 8210 has no trade in value, I made a change again. This time back to Ericsson. However this time it is SonyEricsson. The phone concern is the T630. It was a good phone if not for the fact the interface is lousy. To perform a SMS sending I had to go thru so many buttons and screen. But as time goes by, I am used to it already. I was forced to changed. When one fine day my wife send it fly and it could no longer charge. Just like .... that cannot stand. How to use?

So thanks to my Bear of a friend, I change to my current model. My 6th phone, the Nokia 6230i. I even bought a 512 MB memory for it. One sad Eve of Christmas Eve, on a cab back to office. I lost it. I was sick and not really in a good condition and did not check the cab while I got out. The phone decided to hitch a ride. A philiphino pick it up. How I know? Some chap used it to call the philiphines.

In replacement beacuse I really need a phone, I got the same model. So that the back up made to my PC can be restored to the new one. My 7th phone. Hope it will last longer. It has more than enff features for me to use.

No comments: