Questions: Why is time faster when we are asleep than when we are awake?

Do you ever had one of those time when you wake up with a question in mind. Today happen to be one of those day. I realize that I have fallen asleep on the living room. Then I had this question, Why does close to 8 hours pass in just a blink of an eye? ie Why has time moved so fast when I fell asleep?

Some personal knowledge of time:
1) It is an unit that measure passing of a moment.
2) It is derived from the speed of light.
3) It is relative.
4) It cannot be reversed. (At least with the current technology)

I guess time is just a perception thingy. Some perceive that a year is 365 days which in fact is 365.25 days. Hence the leap year. Some see that a work week is 5 days. (Others see it as 7 but not me). So perhaps the brain interpret time differently when we are in the rest mode. The passive rejection of external inputs from the environments coupled with the speed of the neurons firing in the brain caused the perception of time to change.

This is just my simple theory. Share urs?

No comments: