Quotes from Feynman's Rainbow by Leonard Mlodinow

I just finish a book. Within I saw this paragraph. It is what Richard Feynman was telling Leonard Mlodinow when he asked "Who are you as a person and how has being a scientist influenced your character"

I don't even know what that means, to underderstand yourself on a personal level. I hear people talking about things like,Ï have to find out who i am."I don't know what they are talking about. I can say that certainly I've learned an awful lot about myself by studying biology. I know how I am put together. I have a big theory about how I operate mechanically. But that's not understanding yourself on a personal level.

I can say I am a scientist. I find excitement in discovery. The excitement is not in the fact that you've created somthing, but that you have found something beautiful that's always been there. So scientific stuff affects every part of my life. And affects my attitudes toward many things. I can't say which is the cart and which is the horse. Because I'm an intergrated person and I can't tell you whether for instance my skeptism is the reason I am interested in science or my science is the reason I am skeptical. Those things are imposible. But I want to know what is true. That is why I look into things. To see and to find out what is going on. -END-

I was inspired. There are a few more paragraphs which I would like to share. Hopefully I will be able to dig them out and post it. The book is due tomorrow.

No comments: