Bus Rides.

I still recall a time when I had motion sickness when taking a bus to my grandmother's place. That was in the 1980s. When I was around around 4- 10 years old. My father would drag the whole family to take a long bus ride on Bus No 111 from our place in Bouna Vista all the way to Hougang. The bus will pass by Queenstown, Orchard Road, Little India, Bendermeer, Potong Pasir, Upper Serangoon road and finally reach Hougang.

The worst part was Upper Serangoon road. If I had not vomitted by then, as soon as I pass by the stretch of stop there I would. The smell of freshly slaughter pig in the 11am sun was too much for me to take. (This is the current place where Kovan Shopping Center is located.)

Little India was almost as bad as Upper Serangoon Road. The traffic was heavy and the interior of the bus was hot and humid. (There was no air-con bus then. And most of the time it is a single deck bus) Little India was filled with the spices of the Indian's and the incenses smell does not make it any better. In fact it made it worst. The mixture of sweat and spice somehow affected my inner ear and cause me to feel nauseous. I survive it somehow.

This was one of the main reason why I dislike travelling to Hougang. But anyway an 1 hour rest at my grandparent place return me back to full power. I never forget my bus rides. Posted by Picasa

No comments: