Christmas Eve morning view from my Window.

There is no chimey in these sort of houses. Or rather the correct term will be flats. As time pass and one get older, the magic of christmas dwindle. When I was young, I would wake up on christmas morning and look forward to all the good animation that would be showing. There was Charile Brown's Christmas special, Garfield's , Smurf etc (I think I have forgetten a number of them). I was reluctant to even leave the house. My dad would always like to take the opportunity to go back to grandma's place.

As I was in my teenage years, things will different, sort of. I was still watching show on Christmas but can't wait to go out with friends on Christmas. Or was it Christmas Eve. I still remember going for the Singapore Swing. That was where the close the whole of Orchard and have it turn in a big Disco place. But that was a failure. Cos' it is not happening now. Any that was one hell of a crowded. Squeeze pass all those sweaty body and stuff and don't have alot of money to get a cab back home.

Now, this day and time, it is my turn to spend money and fulfill the dreams and wishes of those people very much younger than me. To buy them presents and toys so that they can happy and still believe in a Santa Clause.

Those western-ize cartoons is not helping by repeatedly showing how Santa enter the house, thru the chimmey. How can a Singapore flat have a chimmey?! Perhaps someone could come up with a Singapore version where Santa hover outside the window and drop the present. We should start hanging the stocking on the window to facilitate reciveing present.

And to end my inchorent ramblings about things, christmas is now only a merchants gimmicks for selling. And of cos not forgetting us employees execuse to go on a holiday. Cheers!! Wishing one and all a merry merry Christmas. May your Childhood dreams live again. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

transient said...

The modern chimney...the rubbish chute!!

Santa, can I have a present pls?